- Online Safety
|Social Media||Parent Info|
Safeguarding your Digital Activity
We take e-safety very seriously at The Abbey School and appreciate you taking the time to report any issue you may have. We need your help to ensure all users of online resources provided by the school feel safe at all times.
What is e-safety?
Ofsted describes e-safety as a school’s ability to protect and educate pupils and staff in their use of technology as well as having appropriate mechanisms in place to intervene and support any incident where appropriate.
Protecting students means providing a safe learning environment. This can be done by controlling what students have access to whilst at school. In order to stay safe online outside of school, both students and parents must be educated in this area.
It is important to be educated in the following areas when using online services.
- Social Networking - Understanding the different social networking tools and using them safely.
- Online Behaviour - Understanding how to interact online and behave safely.
- Digital Footprint - Understanding the impact of your online actions.
- Viruses/Hacking - Understanding what actions may leave you vulnerable to hacking or viruses.
- Online Knowledge - Understanding what to do in the event of an online issue such as cyber-bullying.