STA - Internship for Mathematics or Physic
Spires Teaching Alliance
Internship for Mathematics or Physics
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and aspiring teacher of mathematics or physics for a four week period. The purpose of the internship is to allow aspiring teachers the time to experience life in a secondary school before applying for the full Initial Teacher Training course. Physics and Mathematics Interns will be paid £300 per week each week for four weeks (£1200 total although 100% attendance to receive the full payment).
What are we looking for?
- Driven and ambitious
- Work with groups of keen, interested learners
- Have a strong subject knowledge
- Flexible, focused support
- A fascination with the learning process
- A love of their subject
- Able to motivate and enthuse young people
- Experience of working with young people, particularly in a school environment, strengthens an application
- A desire to make a difference
- A degree in a subject within the STEM fields is desirable
About the placement:
The four week Internship will be a structured programme where Interns will gain an insight into life as a teacher. Throughout the four weeks interns will experience:
- Educational research in practice
- Secondary placement
- Post 16 placement
- Collaborative teaching, planning and marking where appropriate
- Learning theory and its application in education
- Safeguarding and how to remain safe when in school
- Development in subject knowledge and how this applied to teaching and learning within a classroom
- Weekly Mentor meetings to support your development
- Learning the importance of planning
- Behaviour management and how to create a positive environment for learning
- Meeting with teacher recruitment specialists
Following completion of the internship, the lead school will remain in contact with interns for 12 months where recruitment opportunities, key dates and information for local SKITT’s and universities will be discussed. All posts re. ITT will be advertised on E21C website as central focal point for ITT recruitment for interns.
About the partnership:
E21C is a vibrant Multi Academy Trust established in North Kent and South London. Schools within the trust include Coopers School, Ravensbourne School and Eden Park alongside four primary schools. The vision for E21C is to enhance the lives of children and young people by equipping them with the knowledge, personal skills and qualifications to become highly employable citizens, who can lead communities.
East Kent Schools Together is a group of schools in South East Kent that was established to present students of all ages to opportunity to gain experiences otherwise out of their grasp. To achieve this East Kent Schools Together is an innovative independent- state school partnership, in which each school contributes and draws from the partnership on an equal footing for the benefit of all.
Both partnerships strong believe that excellent teaching is at the heart of enhancing the lives of future generations. We believe in giving students to opportunity to succeed, gain knowledge and make positive change to the lives of young people regardless of economic, social and geographic backgrounds.
State Schools involved in these partnerships include:
|South East Kent North Kent||South London|
How to apply
Applications must be sent electronically to email@example.com and consist of an internship application form and covering letter of no more than one side of A4 stating why you would be suitable for a place on the Internship Programme.