Our current vacancies are displayed below.
Required as soon as possible
Pay Band - KR5: £18,059 to £19,863 Pro Rata
The Abbey School is looking to appoint a full-time Cover Supervisor to start as soon as possible. You will be required to work for 32.5 hours per week for 39 weeks per year.
We are looking for an individual who is able to work calmly and independently with young people. Applicants should have at least GCE or level 3 BTEC qualifications and a minimum of GCSE English and Mathematics at C Grade (or equivalent). Experience of working with young people of the relevant age would be an advantage. This post is seen as an ideal stepping-stone for those wishing to gain experience of schools to support an application for Graduate Teacher training. The main responsibilities will be:
- To supervise pupils who are undertaking work which has been set
- To manage the behaviour of these pupils
- To respond to questions that may arise about the set work
- To deal with emergencies that may arise in accordance with school policies and ensure that pupil safety is assured
- To collect completed work at the end of the lesson and report back on any issues arising.
Interview date to be confirmed.
The Abbey School is committed to safeguarding and the wellbeing of students and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check.