KS3 Creative Technology
Mrs S Spring
Mr J Edgeworth Teacher of Resistant Materials
Mr G Parsons Teacher of Graphics & Resistant Materials
The Creative Technology department focuses on the achievement and the experience students have whilst on our courses. There is a departmental drive on making students become independent learners which are done through students enjoying and having high levels of motivation for the subject. We are committed to raising attainment which has helped to build a culture of achievement within the department. Our vision for our students in this department looks at;
- Equipping students with the skills they will need for the world of work.
- Staying abreast of current developments in Creative qualifications to ensure these meet the needs of students and the school.
- Providing a pathway to success!
- Enhancing the student as a person through confidence building and a 'can do' attitude.
- Developing and promoting work based experience within the school.
Our staff's vision for our department is to extend our facilities further and to use Business and Enterprise to our full advantage.
Lower School School (KS3 - Years 7 & 8)
KS3 students have three lessons over a two-week rotation. Students will move through each discipline on a nine-week rotation. rotation 1 in Food Technology, rotation 2 in Graphics, rotation 3 in Product Design, rotation 4 in Textiles.
Students are using KS3 to develop life skills and develop a sense of technology in the world around us.
- Homework is set through Show My Homework and this also includes information on the week by week expectations of students to bring items such as ingredients into school.